My first stranger portrait!
I was walking along Toronto’s “Graffiti Alley” south of Queen Street in the Fashion District when a young couple asked me to snap some photos for them. While doing that, I heard a voice shouting out “Hey take my picture too! Me and my monkey!” Well, nothing could be easier for my first portrait as I didn’t even have to approach her! As a matter of fact, I had seen Debbie a few minutes earlier across the street and thought to myself, “What a colourful character… it would be great to take her pic.”
Debbie was more than happy to do a few poses for me, and I hope I was able to capture her bubbly personality. She had a little stuffed toy monkey in her vest, and I guess they were both enjoying the wonderful weather on this Victoria Day long weekend.
The photo is straight OOC – perhaps a little underexposed (probably the white background threw off the metering a little). I am considering shooting in RAW for more flexibility, but for now I am happy with spending more time behind the camera and less time in front of a computer monitor – plus I really love the wonderful Fuji colours direct from the camera.
This picture is #1 in my 100 strangers project. Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers at the 100 Strangers Flickr Group page.
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 2/100 Georgia
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 3/100 Henry
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 4/100 Dennis
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 5/100 Police Officer
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 6/100 Ryan
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 7/100 Irfam
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 8/100 Krystal
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 9/100 Chris
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 10/100 Jill
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 11/100 Dawn
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 12/100 Frits
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 13/100 Henry
- Flickr 100 Strangers – 14/100 Suwa-San